HBOT Management for Rheumatoid Arthritis
HBOT is markedly superior to the routine managements employed in many cases of rheumatoid arthritis. In a large series, the following results were published:
- Remission in 23% of cases
- Significant improvement in 51.4% of cases
- Mild-to-moderate improvement in 51.4% of cases
- No effect in 8.1% of cases
At the Houston Wellness Clinic, HBOT is used in conjunction with certain anti-inflammatory herbs, dedicated plant stem cells and natural inhibitors of the various inflammatory leukotrienes that are associated with auto-immune diseases. If underlying infections that are frequently associated with R.A. are present these are aggressively treated.
The total summarized effect of management was 91.9%. HBOT has actually been found to inhibit the process. This may be due to a number of actions:
- Stabilizing the immune system
- Strengthening the body’s ability to eliminate pathogenic organisms
- Lowering the sedimentation rate
- Increases analgesia
Effects are best felt in early stages of the disease.